Asheville is located in Buncombe County, North Carolina. It is the largest city in Western NC, and the 11th largest city in NC. The city limits of Asheville is about 45 square miles and Buncombe County is approximately 660 square miles.
You can search all of Asheville here.
Or you can search by area of Asheville or specific neighborhoods & subdivisions. Listed below are the various parts of town. In each section you’ll find a brief overview of the area and a thorough list of subdivisions found in each area:
- Central zip code 28801– includes downtown and the central business district.
- North zip code 28804– includes the neighborhoods of Albemarle Park, Beaverdam, Beaver Lake, Colonial Heights, Five Points, Grove Park, Lakeview Park, Montford, and Norwood Park. Grove Park, Montford, and Norwood Park neighborhoods are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Montford and Albemarle Park have been named local historic districts by the Asheville City Council.
- East zip code 28805 – includes the neighborhoods of Kenilworth, Beverly Hills, Chunn’s Cove, Haw Creek, Oakley, Oteen, Reynolds, Riceville, and Town Mountain.
- West zip code 28806 – includes the neighborhoods of Camelot, Wilshire Park, Bear Creek, Deaverview Park, Emma, Hi-Alta Park, Lucerne Park, Malvern Hills, Sulphur Springs, Haywood Road, and Pisgah View.
- South zip code 28803 – includes the neighborhoods of Ballantree, Biltmore Village, Biltmore Park, Oak Forest, Royal Pines, Shiloh, and Skyland. Biltmore Village has been named a local historic district by the Asheville City Council.